When we recommend this product
The DraftStoppa® is an innovative and inexpensive self-seal cover for ceiling exhaust fans containing a set of balanced shutters which open when the fan is turned on and close under their own weight when the fan is turned off. This Australian designed and manufactured product is aimed at reducing energy costs by preventing hot or cold air from entering the home via the ceiling exhaust fan. The Draftsoppa:
- Prevents hot or cold air entering from the roof cavity.
- Prevents polluted air or cooking smells from entering into other parts of the home or workplace
- Exceeds the Sustainable Energy Authority Victoria 'First Rate' energy rating performance level requirements for a totally self sealing exhaust fan.
- Is economically priced and adapts to most major ceiling exhaust fans.
- Fits most standard and 3 in 1 type ceiling exhaust fans.
- Is simple to install and opens and closes effortlessly without loading-up your ceiling exhaust fan motor.
- Is fully recyclable
How to get the most from this product
This product can be used in ceilings and works best if it is precisely fitted leaving no air gaps. Made entirely from recyclable, fire retardant materials, the DraftStoppa is simple to install, requires little maintenance and can be fitted over most standard exhaust fans in new homes as well as being retro-fitted into established homes. If installing as DIY project, ensure you read and follow all the manufacturer's instructions in regards to safe installation.
For more information
Contact your local Refit n' Save officer or call T: 03 5348 2316, or drop in to Daylesford Home Hardware Burke Square Daylesford
Staying Warm News
$700 rebate for gas heaters announced
The Victorian State Government has announced a $700 rebate on gas heaters available to concession card holders from July 4th 2011. Find out if you're eligible and let Refit n' Save help you find the right heater for your needs...Read more