GWM Water Ararat
Why we recommend this product
Nearly 40% of water used in the home is in the bathroom, saving water here can have a big impact on your overall water usage. Fitting a 3-star rated showerhead uses no more than 9 litres of water per minute, while old style showerheads use up to 15–20 litres per minute. If you shower for six minutes, a water efficient showerhead can save up to 50 litres of water for each shower or up to 20,000 litres of water per person per year.
How to get the most from this product
To maximise the benefit of your new 3 star showerhead and reduce both your consumption and wastage use the following guidelines.
• Take shorter showers, limit the time you spend soaping up, washing down and rinsing off. Shorter showers will also save on your energy costs associated with heating the water.
• Use a shower timer. Choose from a manual 4 minute egg timer or a more sophisticated electronic timer that attaches to the shower head or wall.
• Use a bucket to collect the water while you are waiting for the shower to get hot.
• Shave before taking a shower, then use running shower water to rinse off.
• Insulate your hot water pipes. This avoids wasting water while waiting for the hot water to flow through thereby saving energy
• Replace your electric hot water system with solar or an instantaneous gas hot water system (if you have access to town gas) this will greater reduce your energy costs.
• Make sure your hot water thermostat is not set to 60 degrees as if it is any higher it is wasting energy and costing you money.
Find out more
Water Wise News
Living Victoria Water Rebate Program
Home and garden rebates are now being extended to all Victorian households (including those that are self supplied and not connected to a reticulated water supply). Rebates are available for products purchased and installed between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2013. Rebates are now also available for small businesses connected to a reticulated water supply that have 20 or less employees to improve the water efficiency of their business. ....Read more